Cookie settings

This website uses cookies to give you the best possible service. By using this website, you agree to the use of cookies. Detailed information can be found in our privacy policy.

Technically necessary

These cookies are necessary for the functionality of our website (e.g. security-related aspects)

Statistics

Cookies that are used to create anonymised statistics and analysis and thus improve the website.

Personalization

These cookies are used to show you personalized content that matches your interests.

back

MMK mill Baiersbronn – “Deutsche Qualität” from the Black Forest

01.03.2015 - Company / Mills

With a consistent, high-level portfolio in impressive quality and flexible service, our German virgin fibre cartonboard mill in Baiersbronn is scoring at all points.

Tailor-made solutions for demanding applications
Since its foundation in 1951, the virgin fibre cartonboard from Baiersbronn has stood out thanks to consistent quality and application security. With Optimus Top™ (GC1) and Excellent Top™ (GC2) we have two high-quality GC grades in our portfolio which are also available with special treatments for moisture barriers (Freeze), grease barriers (Grease) and Freeze & Grease barriers. The cartonboard qualities are mainly used in the food, cosmetics and pharmaceutical sectors, as well as for other demanding applications, such as digital printing. MM Digicarton™, a special cartonboard quality, which is also being produced in Baiersbronn, is the world’s first virgin fibre cartonboard that has been homologized for digital printing.

One of the strengths of the mill is the prompt realisation of tailor-made product developments: The forthcoming implementation of the EU Medical Directive raises the quality requirements of cartonboard; with this comes the obligation to encode each pharmaceutical package with a ‘unique identifier’. All qualities from Baiersbronn therefore have excellent inkjet and laser coding properties. The mill‘s laboratory includes special equipment for real-life coding and readability tests.

Consistent quality from German and French wood
The use of controlled raw materials and advanced technology ensures the continued high and stable quality: 60 % of the main raw material, spruce, is taken directly from the Black Forest and the remaining 40 % from neighbouring Elsass. It goes without saying that all the fibre raw materials used in the production come from sustainably managed forests and controlled sources. This is sustainably and impressively ensured by the completed FSC® or PEFC™ certifications.

The mill also guarantees the high quality through continued investment in quality control of the raw materials as well as through on-line quality analysis which automatically connects the cartonboard machines with the cross-cutter.

The MMK Baiersbronn mill
The MMK Baiersbronn mill

A benchmark for service in Central Europe
Quality is not only defined by the product but first and foremost by the excellent service for our customers: Baiersbronn is in a strategically perfect position for access to central European markets. Short transportation routes ensure a flexible delivery service and contribute towards achieving sustainability goals. Weekly production of the most important grades and grammages also help to achieve short-term delivery times. 

The unique MultiMill system for the popular GC2 cartonboard Excellent Top™, with production in Germany and Slovenia, guarantees the best supply reliability. That is why Excellent Top™ is in high demand with local customers as well as large multi-national companies. 

Mondelez, one of the global leaders in food manufacturing, has been using Excellent Top™ as a packaging solution for years. According to Jim Davis, Strategic Sourcing Manager for Paper Based Packaging at Mondelez Europe, crucial for the long-term, successful cooperation is “not only the impressive quality and consistency, but the high level of service provided by Baiersbronn, which guarantees a seamless production process for us at Mondelez. It is for these reasons we have worked for many years with our MMK partners. In short, the mill creates a product upon which we can rely.“

Baiersbronn means virgin fibre quality from the Black Forest
Baiersbronn means virgin fibre quality from the Black Forest
Baiersbronn is in a strategic position for access to the central European markets
Baiersbronn is in a strategic position for access to the central European markets

This and many more articles can be found in our Unfolded print magazine!

download:

Or sending by post:

Request now